Republican Second District Chairman Curtis Colgate welcomes you to the website of the Republican Second District Committee.
The Second Congressional District of the Republican Party of Virginia represents the Eastern Shore of Virginia, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Hampton, Poquoson, Williamsburg and York County, Virginia.
Our district is as diverse as it is large and encompasses rural, suburban and urban districts as well as a large military presence.
The Second District Committee is an arm of the Republican Party of Virginia. There are eleven congressional districts in Virginia. Each congressional district has a district committee, which is comprised of the unit chairs of the units within the district as well as representatives of the various auxiliary organizations.
The Second District Committee meets quarterly. The focus of our committee is to:
Assist local Republican units, auxiliaries and campaigns;
Determine the method of nomination of the Republican candidate for Congress;
Hold a District Convention every two years to elect party officers.
Our Party and the 2nd District Committee is all-inclusive – everyone is welcomed and encouraged to attend our meetings.
Our quarterly meetings are open to the public.
Only voting members may have the right to vote at the meetings.
The Republican Creed
If you believe:
- That the free enterprise system is the most productive supplier of human needs and economic justice;
- That all individuals are entitled to equal rights, justice and opportunities and should assume their responsibilities as citizens in a free society;
- That fiscal responsibility and budgetary restraints must be exercised at all levels of government;
- That the Federal Government must preserve individual liberty by observing constitutional limitations;
- That peace is best preserved through a strong national defense;
- That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers, is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation
Then welcome to the REPUBLICAN PARTY !