Legislative District Party Canvass for the 6th Senate District of the Republican Party of Virginia
Issued for Publication: November 6, 2013
Paid for and authorized by the 6th Senate District Committee of the Republican Party of Virginia.
As Chairman of the 6th Senate District Committee of the Republican Party, and pursuant to the Plan of Organization and as recommended and directed by the Committee, I, Robert E. Brown, do hereby issue this call for a Legislative District Party Canvass to be held from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. local time on Thursday, November 21st, 2013 for the purpose of nominating a Republican candidate for the office of Senator from the 6th Senate District of Virginia, to run in the special general election to be set by the Governor.
Voting places by locality for this canvass
(Only those voters registered to vote in the 6th senate district may vote)
- Accomack GOP Headquarters, 25102 Lankford Highway, Suite 25068, Onley, VA 23418
(Voting Precincts: Accomac, Onley, Melfa, Onancock, Bobtown, Painter, Wachapreque)
- Parksley Fire Station, 18431 Dunne Avenue, Parksley, VA 23421
(Voting Precincts: Oak Hall, Saxis, Bloxom, Parksley, Mappsville, Rue)
- Chincoteague Community Center
6155 Community Drive, Chincoteague, VA 23336
(Voting Precincts: Chicnoteague, Greenbackville, Atlantic)
- Tangier Island Fire Station
16344 Main Ridge Road, Tangier, VA 23440
(Voting Precincts: Tangier)
- Mathews County: Mathews County Library,
251 Main Street, Mathews, VA 23109
7001 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23505
- Northampton County:
Little Italy Restaurant, 10227 Rogers Drive, Nassawadox, VA 23413
- Virginia Beach City:
Stolle Legislative Office
1608 Pleasure House Road, Suite 105, Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Qualifications for Participation
1) All legal and qualified voters of the 6th Senate District under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, regardless of race, religion, national origin or sex, who are in accord with the principles of the Republican Party and who, if requested, express in open meeting either orally or in writing as may be required, their intent to support all of its nominees for public office in the ensuing election, may participate as members of the Republican Party of Virginia in its mass meetings, party canvasses, conventions or primaries encompassing their respective election districts. Each voter shall meet the requirements as specified in the Call (see attached). Each voter shall present a government issued photographic identification.
Candidates for the Republican nomination at said canvass shall file a written statement delivered in person, to:
Robert E. Brown,
6th Senate District Republican Chair,
8507 Troy Street, Norfolk, VA 23503,
which must be presented, along with identification in the form of a Virginia driver’s license, or government issued picture ID not later than 8 p.m. on Wednesday, November 13th. If only one qualified candidate properly files, then said candidate shall be declared the Republican nominee and no canvass will be held. Filing shall be in the form of a letter, addressed and presented to Chairman Brown at the address above. The letter shall indicate that the candidate seeks the nomination as the Republican Candidate for 6th District Senator and shall state that the candidate is a resident of, and registered to vote in, the 6th Senate District, and that he/she intends to support the nominee of the Republican Party in the general election for the 6th district senate seat. A check in the amount of $720.00, non-refundable, made payable to the Republican Party of Norfolk on behalf of the 6th Senate District Committee, shall accompany the filing.
There will be no registration fee to vote in this canvass.